Granny Flat Finder has everything you need to help you get started with design, approval & building a granny flat – all in the one place!
How Does It Work?
1. Start by requesting a site check to help you decide if a granny flat is right for you.
2. Once you’re ready to proceed, organise a quote from a builder.
3. You can choose the right supplier for you, who will then commence work on your granny flat designs and approval, be it a custom design or a standard layout with one, two or three bedrooms.
4. A private certifier will then approve your plans & ensure the builders quote on a level playing field, with no additional site costs, variations or surprises down the line.
5. Once your project has been designed & approved, a builder will have everything necessary to give you the most accurate price including a complete ‘blueprint’ of plans, approval, engineering and a 50-point checklist.
6. Compare, select and sign with the preferred builder of your choice.
7. Monitor your project to ensure the builder is tracking on time & on budget.
8. Finally once you’re job is finished you can rate your builder on a scorecard. This ensures they meet your needs & quality standards.
As seen in:
Our step-by-step process to help you get the lowest price.
We understand that building a granny flat is a big decision. In fact, it’s one of the biggest investments of your life, only second to buying your 1st home. It’s even more to think about when you’re considering building a structure in your very own backyard, usually for rental returns. To help our clients we’ve created a simple step-by-step process to help you decide if a granny flat is right for you, your budget & your property!
Granny Flat Survey and Due Diligence.
- In 3 easy steps.
- Step one is to obtain a Survey Package, which will give you the peace of mind to move forward.
- This is where a qualified surveyor will conduct a site survey.
- Allowing the builder to investigate and assess key considerations such as costs, feasibility and time frame.
- Once completed you can confirm your eligibility for guaranteed approval as a Complying Development CDC or alternatively a Development Application DA.
STEP 1: FULL CONTOUR AND DETAIL SURVEY
STEP 2: PLANNING AND BUILD ZONE COMPLIANCE
STEP 3: MEETING AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Granny Flat Design and Approval.
Once your survey has been conducted & you understand the complete extent of your project, the next steps are drafting up your plans:
- Start to finish Design and Approval in 3 easy steps ready to build.
- Building tender process to outline prices & costs from your builder.
- Usually your builder will manage the entire process from start to finish.
Granny Flat Builders – 12 weeks ready build!
When considering a builder it’s important to choose to work with a specialist granny flat builder. This means you benefit from working with a builder who can show you a track record of finished projects, on time and on budget. It’s important to consider working with a specialist builder who is qualified and able to manage your granny flat project safely and efficiently, on time, on budget & exceeding your expectations every time.
The granny flat build process on average takes 12 weeks, with the following steps:
Step 1 – Site preparation involving site clearing, excavation & leveling, trenching & plumbing.
Step 2 – Foundation stage involving laying down a concrete slab, waffle pod slab or steel & concrete piers.
Step 3 – Framing stage involving erection of timber frame or steel frame.
Step 4 – Lockup stage with interior finishes.
Step 5 – Turn key, client handover & clean.
Granny Flat Finder is an Australian website.
Our purpose is to help Australians find their perfect small home or granny flat, providing an information service to help them make an informed choice, after comparing designs and options.