We believe in helping you design & build your Granny Flat the way you want it, on time & on budget the first time around. We are your one-stop turn-key solution helping you from start to finish. Our clients love our unique process in dealing with experienced Sydney builders. Our builders provide you with up to 3 quotes, meaning you can benefit from massive savings in a competitive tender environment. You also benefit from an extensive pool of experience with our leading team of consultants, designers, engineers and certifiers.
Here’s where we come in!
1. We deliver you with 3 quotes from quality builders – helping you achieve the lowest price with tried & tested builders, who are competing to win your project.
2. We’re here for you every step of the way – we take care of all the paperwork, enquiries with council, designers & builders.
3. We give you flexibility in choosing your own builder and the peace of mind that your project crosses the finish line hassle-free, on time and within the budget.
How Does It Work?
1. We start with a consultation over the phone and/or onsite inspection to help you decide if a granny flat is right for you and your family.
2. Once you’re ready to proceed, we organise 3 quotes from trusted local builders.
3. The next steps are to commence work on your granny flat designs and approval, be it a custom design or a standard layout with one, two or three bedrooms.
4. A private certifier will then approve your plans & we ensure the builders quote on a level playing field, with no additional site costs, variations or surprises down the line.
5. Once your project has been designed & approved, our builders will have everything necessary to give you the most accurate price including a complete ‘blueprint’ of plans, approval, engineering and a 50-point checklist.
6. When you’re ready to choose a builder, you get to compare quotes then meet with, select and sign with the preferred builder of your choice.
7. We monitor your project to ensure the builder is tracking on time & on budget.
8. Finally once you’re job is finished we get in touch with you to rate our builders on a scorecard. This ensures they meet your needs & our quality standards developed from years of experience across thousands of building projects.
As seen in:
Our step-by-step process to deliver you the lowest price!
We understand that building a granny flat is a big decision. In fact, it’s one of the biggest investments of your life, only second to buying your 1st home. It’s even more to think about when you’re considering building a structure in your very own backyard, usually for rental returns. To help our clients we’ve created a simple step-by-step process to help you decide if a granny flat is right for you, your budget & your property!
Granny Flat Survey and Due Diligence.
- In 3 easy steps, our start to finish Survey Package gives you the peace of mind to move forward.
- A qualified surveyor will conduct a site survey.
- We will help investigate and assess key considerations such as costs, feasibility and time frame.
- We can confirm your eligibility for guaranteed approval as a Complying Development CDC or alternatively a Development Application DA.
STEP 1: FULL CONTOUR AND DETAIL SURVEY
STEP 2: PLANNING AND BUILD ZONE COMPLIANCE
STEP 3: MEETING AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Granny Flat Design and Approval.
Once your survey has been conducted & you understand the complete extent of your project, the next steps are drafting up your plans:
- Start to finish Design and Approval in 3 easy steps ready to build.
- Tender process to deliver the best price from the winning builder.
- We manage the entire process for you from start to finish.
Granny Flat Builders – 12 weeks ready build!
We choose to work with specialist granny flat builders with scores of finished construction jobs under their belts. This means you benefit from working with a builder who can show you a track record of finished projects, on time and on budget. It’s important to consider working with a specialist builder who is qualified and able to manage your granny flat project safely and efficiently, on time, on budget & exceeding your expectations every time.
The granny flat build process on average takes 12 weeks, with the following steps:
Step 1 – Site preparation involving site clearing, excavation & leveling, trenching & plumbing.
Step 2 – Foundation stage involving laying down a concrete slab, waffle pod slab or steel & concrete piers.
Step 3 – Framing stage involving erection of timber frame or steel frame.
Step 4 – Lockup stage with interior finishes.
Step 5 – Turn key, client handover & clean.
GFF is an Australian owned company, which all started out in the sunny Sydney suburb of Manly, Australia.
Our purpose is to help Australians Find their perfect small home or Granny Flat – making an informed choice, comparing designs and connecting them with leading suppliers and builders across Australia.
Get in touch with us today for a free onsite inspection (02) 9290 2481.